Friday, August 15, 2008

Realization

Today, it was rather dark in the evening when I fetch my mum back from school.

I was behind this black brand new Proton Saga, with two national flags on either sides of the car.

As I was driving behind this car all the time, I kept staring at those two flags.

Somehow subconsciously, I was thinking, "Why two national flags? That's rare to see....."

And then suddenly I realized that it's Merdeka month. It's already 15th August...and I just realized it now.

Somehow it doesn't seem like Merdeka month to me. For someone who's always on the road at least 2 hours per day, I don't see signs of the ushering of the Merdeka celebration that's coming up soon.

That black Proton Saga, reminded me that it's Merdeka month from its two flags. It was the only car on the road at that time which had flags on it. And it was a busy road.

There used to be more cars with national or state flags on them last few years. Now I can hardly see one.

....




sigh.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

U think Nino too much, that why u din realize it desu
And for me, I keep think about Sho in Olympic then I also forgot about Merdeka.... I just realize is almost Merdeka after I saw an advertisement in TV desu.... I keep thinking about Nodame Cantabile desu(Tamaki Hiroshi)..... But I still ai watashi no go shujin(Sakurai Sho) desu V(^_^)V

Alice In Wonderland said...

Hahahaha!!! You're quite right. I think I kept thinking of August as the Olympics month until I forgot about Merdeka.

Anonymous said...

Don't think too much about Olympic liao lor.... Almost finish liao ne...
Arashi Arashi WANT ME

Alice In Wonderland said...

Arashi, Arashi, OH yeah!!