Monday, August 18, 2008

First day of uni (take 2)

So it's the second 'first day in uni' for the new semester post again.

I woke up kinda early today, 7.30am, but still arrived a little more than the dot in lecture. I was kinda glad I went, cause it turned out that there is a lecturer replacing the actual lecturer. (Although they didn't announce that and should have.) The lesson started today. But I was daydreaming throughout the lecture, nothing registered in my brain at all. During our break after one hour, I went off to the student admin (at the same floor) to take care of my invoice and timetable. I haven't gotten it yet, and I've been patient for one whole week.

As you'd expect from an office where M'sians are employed, I waited around 20 minutes for them to entertain me and 5 minutes for them to print the wrong invoice.

Then it took some time for me to get their attention on "This is my before-amendment-invoice"+ "I handed in my amendment form BEFORE the semester even started". I got a "We didn't get your amendment form because you handed it in at 1st floor and they didn't pass it to us" as an answer.

fndskfsdnfjdsgfbjsdbfsdjfjdsf!!

I told her what subject I wanted changed, and handed her my ID. It's another 5 minutes wait. Thank goodness it's A-ok, there wasn't any clashes and the classes aren't full. So my subjects were changed without a problem. If there were problems, I'd be seriously annoyed and pissed off since I've already handed in my amendment form weeks before uni started.

Obviously, they should change the registration system to a type where we have to go and line up and tell them by mouth what subjects we want to take, cause these people JUST can't handle paperwork or anything more advanced than that. Everything will go haywire. So it would be better to stick to something that works although it's very ancient already. HONESTLY. THEY SHOULD.

It is such a shame for a large establishment like this to be having inefficient systems and staff. What a shame, really. I thought education was a business? If it is, please have better student services!

It's just a damn long list of faults which I don't even want to try to remember and type it out here. A damn long list of things that would simply make you ask "Why? I thought this was a university and university environment!"

p/s: Why the heck do I have classes at 8.30am from Monday to Friday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maji ka yo????? Then I need to send another amendment form again lar... WTF ahhhhhhhhhh KNNCB de admin

Alice In Wonderland said...

Haih, like this one lar, admin is always very inefficient. damn disappointed.