Monday, July 7, 2008

Hello from Sibu~

Hi, I'm at my aunt's college now using the internet to update on my blog. Been here since last Friday. Typing this nervously as I am at the reception counter and anyone passing by could easily peek over my shoulder and see what I write.

Why am I here at Sibu is because my grandma broke her arm after falling. Poor her, she's already so old, so have her break an arm is really, really bad news. So my aunt said that since the bus fare is so cheap (RM2, booking online), and my grandma was missing me, why don't I come to Sibu since I'm having a holiday?

So I came. Since it's so cheap (RM4 one way Kch to Sibu since the RM2 tickets were all out) and I feel responsible to come to visit my grandma (since all my other cousins of around my age did not visit) .

Yea, I was too shocked that the bus tickets were so cheap. But the ride wasn't really a very pleasant one (it's 8 hours mind you). If it RM4 one way but the normal expensive rate I wouldn't have subjected my butt to sitting for that long. But I got the front seat so it's a bit better.

I didn't want to come to Sibu. Once I heard my grandma broke her arm the first impulse was to go immediately to visit her. But when I thought longer about it I didn't really like the idea of coming alone to Sibu at all.

In the end, I came since I felt responsible that I should visit my grandma. And because aunt said grandma misses me. That's really bad of me eh? Acting out of responsibility as a granddaughter instead of being concerned. Honestly it was more of the feeling of being responsible instead of concern. Like responsible 70% and concern 30%. I thought that by coming here I could take care of the meals and her needs since my aunt is working. But today grandma decided to stay the whole day at my second uncle's house, like she always did, before I came here.

I don't like my uncle.

So there. If grandma had decided to stay at home and have me cook her meals instead I would prefer it. But I said it's up to her, so she chose uncle's house (more comfy, I think?). I dread going to uncle's house, even the chinese new year visit. Let's just say my uncle and I don't see eye to eye, and he says things that insults my family which I don't like. So I prefer to stay out of his way. You can say that, if second uncle is not there, I wouldn't dread so much coming to Sibu. That's how it is...

But, today, working day we left grandma at uncle's house, and me + aunt came to her college. Aunt knows I dislike second uncle cause I told her so. Maybe that's why she told grandma she's taking me to college since right after work we're going shopping.

I'm grateful for that~

The're a high probability that I will take a trip to Bintulu to collect my cert. I called the office 3 times but the woman in charge of certs is either haven't arrived(8pm), out to toilet break (11sth pm) and out to fetch her kids (12pm). How annoying. =.=

I guess I'll end here, since I wrote this long and I can't seem recall what else I wanna write. Till I get my hands on a computer with Internet line again, see ya~~~~~

Alice is signing out~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ur grandma live with your 2nd uncle ka???? Same with me... I also hate him so much desu hahahaha *evil laugh
When you come back to Kuching????
Recently I'm in Maou mode as you can see in my blog

Alice In Wonderland said...

Nolah, she lives with my aunt but since she broke her arm everyday go there~~~

Not sure when I am coming back to kuching, in a dilemma now.

I can't wait to go back though.