Thursday, December 18, 2008

30% off

I went to Kinokuniya at Suria KLCC during my shopping trip there. I thought I'd sneakishly go in there and take pictures of the Japanese magazines and photobooks which I can't very much afford to buy (meaning Arashi).

There were rows and rows of books everywhere; it's larger than a library. So huge it needs a store map to show you the sections. Rows and rows of books on shelves as high as the walls themselves. And of course Kinokuniya has a whole huge section dedicated to Japanese books. Being cowardly as I am, I didn't dare to take pictures since there were store workers everywhere. So I handed my brother the digicam and ask him to do the job instead.

We loitered around the magazine and photobook section trying to find Arashi items. Yes my brother likes Arashi too, thanks to my influence =D. He was the one who sneakishly took these photos. And he didn't change the camera mode, that's why it was too bright. =.= The flash was reflected by the plastic wrap.


You could not possibly imagine my happy feeling of holding the real items in your hands. The 'hon-mono desu!' kinda feeling. The pictures in the photobooks I've seen before, scanned by fans; but the real books themselves are even better! Cause they're 3D~ I've had the image in my head that Johnny's photobooks are larger but they're actually smaller than A4 size, most of them. Especially the unofficial ones.

So I went around flailing and feeling excited right? And then I spotted this corner beside the alley that has all the Arashi photobooks stacked in rows. The Arashi Around Asia photobook, Pikanchi Double AtoZ photobook, Pikanchi photobook, Otakara unofficial photobooks (Nino and Ohno only), and Arashi is Alive! photobook.

Arashi is Alive! was the without CD version RM120+ (?) with 20% off. And AAA, Pikanchi double and Pikanchi were no more than RM101 bucks each. They're sold at normal price; and AAA has 30% off! Otakara was less than RM60 with 20% off. 'Items entitled for discounts with purchase of another item in the same receipt bought on the same day' it says.

Even without discounts they were already cheaper than usual internet online stores!

Kinokuniya has a discount, so of course I'd HAVE TO buy something!! Like I'd ever get a chance like this ever again. My present to myself! It's so hard to choose just one thing! I consulted Yvonne but she didn't know what to pick too. She said either AAA or Pikanchi double. But in the end I chose AAA photobook cause the pictures are clearer, and every member in Arashi looked very handsome in it (although yes they look handsome all the time) and they were themselves (not their movie characters like the Pikanchi photobooks) and it's official.

Customers are allowed to have a look at the contents inside the books if we bring it to the counter and ask a salesperson to unwrap it for us. So I did, and I was able to look at the pictures in the Arashi photobooks I've never seen before. =D

It says another item in same receipt for discount right? So I ask the person at the counter...

Me: It's entitled for 30% discount with a-no-ther item in the same receipt on the same day right? *making sure I emphasize 'another item' *
Counter-person: Yes.
Me:
Another item right? Any item?? *still making sure*
Counter-person: Any item, even if it's a small pen from the stationery section. *smiling at my stupidity*
Me: Owh, okay. Thanks! *couldn't hide my excitement*


At that time my brother who was beside me already ran over to the stationery section that's at the other end of the store to find a pen. And he ran back a while later with a blue pen that costs RM0.90 XD He said it's the cheapest thing he could find. My brother is so smart. =D

I took a picture of the photobook when I reached home yesterday.


At RM70, this is a steal!!!!! I love discounts. And I love Kinokuniya for giving discounts on Arashi items.

I am so happpppppyyyyyyyyyy~~~~~~~~!!!!!!!

When I buy things in secret when I go out shopping, I always get caught. Why am I so unlucky! Last time it happened with my CDs (20% off the normal price ok)! This time is not an exception. While I was admiring the photobook in my room my mum walked in on me!

Darnit I forgot to lock the door. Too late to hide it cos I was holding it in my hands.

So I said I helped Yvonne to buy it. Cause I couldn't lie about the price, she'd know it! I know it's wrong to lie but I don't wanna face the nagging!! @@ Sorry.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How dare u use my name to bought the book? Just told her the truth... I usually would lie about the price but not the thing that I bought

Alice In Wonderland said...

The price was written on the sticker at the back of the book. RM100+ so I couldn't lie. She saw it already. If I were to lie about the price, said 50% off? She'd scold me even if it was RM50. I'd be dead whichever way it is.